Friday, December 7, 2012

Being a mom and a wife.


A little late night post since my babies are having a hard time sleeping.
Both of them, mainly Jace, have been waking up constantly throughout the night because they
are having separation anxiety.  It's the saddest thing, but i don't want
them getting used to me coming in every time and rocking them back to sleep. 
I just feel helpless.  So we will see how letting them crying it out will do.
I feel like THE WORST mom doing it....

Life has been so busy lately.
The boys are nearly 10 months old and are growing like crazy.
I am still working from home and 
doing all the wife/mother things that need to be done.
And Trevor is in dental school working his butt off.  So proud of him.

I just want to stop time some days.  It feels like just yesterday that
these little boys were in my belly bouncing around and
now they are crawling and getting into everything.
I can't keep up with them!  They are going to be 1 before
I know it!

Both boys are growing on track and are 21 pounds!  Big boys.
They are starting to slim out though with all the crawling and climbing they are doing!
They are both so active.  They both are saying "MAMA!" and call daddy "Babba!" haha its the
cutest thing.  It's the sweetest thing to hear "mama, mama, mom, mommy, mom, mommy, mama!" as they follow me around the house.

We are loving Christmas time and everything that comes along with it! 
It will be the boys first christmas and i cannot wait!  They are going to
have so much fun.  They already are!  I think i may gain 20 pounds though from eating
all the holiday oreos though...  They are to die for and so addiciting.
i have a real problem. I have had to make myself only eat on my cheat days.  Sad story.

There is always so much that needs to be done it feels like.  From washing bottles
to constantly feeding the babies to laundry or to washing the floors and cleaning the house
like every day!  It feels like it never ends!  It is exhausting!  I feel like
my days blend together and bam its friday already!  Where have the weeks gone?!

My trips to the grocery store or Costco are seriously the hardest thing i think that i have had
to do with twins.  I hate that most places dont even have double carts so i have to 
force the boys to sit in the stroller strapped in and we all know that doesn't last
very long anymore now that they want to move around constantly! And i have to pull a grocery cart at the same time!  It is quite the workout let me tell you.

But the thing that just drives me INSANE are all the old people
seriously stopping me every two seconds trying to sit and chat. They are so sweet and i know they mean good by it, but it has just become crazy! "oh my gosh are those twins?!" "oh my gosh those are the cutest girls!"  Say what?!  im sorry, but they have mohawks and are wearing boy colored, striped onesies with blue blankies.  not sure how you confuse that with a girl...
And what is nuts is that they all say the same exact thing!
So my already 2 hour shopping trip has to turn into 3 hours 
because im stopped all the time. The old people are sweet and i know.  It
just gets overbearing.  Especially when most off them try and kiss and touch them all over....
Sorry i hate to complain but it has become an issue that
has been driving me crazy! haha.

Life is great and hard and great and hard but i love it.

Some days I have babies screaming at me for no reason at all
and then there are some days where they just love and cuddle with me.
Then there are days and nights that i have sick babies up all night and i feel helpless because i can't take the pain away.

The truth is i seriously wouldn't change any of this for the world.  My husband and babies
are my life and i couldn't imagine life without them.
I seriously could not do any of this without my wonderful husband.
He gets up countless times throughout
the night with the babies and mornings to give them bottles before he
leaves for school so that i can sleep.  He seriously rocks.
They are the little things that count. 
Heavenly Father has blessed our little family with so much and sometimes on the hard days
i forget that.  I love my life and the wonderful people in it that make it great.


No comments:

Post a Comment